Birthday Cake Order

A late-ish order came through midweek from a friend who happens to work around the corner from me. He needed a cake for a friend's birthday and of course, I was more than happy to oblige.

Rather than going for a smooth finish, I thought I'd go with the slightly rustic look with the white chocolate shards around the cake and finished off with a ribbon. I think the two roses add a nice touch of colour to an otherwise simple cake.

White Chocolate Mud cake topped with airy light whipped white chocolate ganache with a layer of strawberries through the centre. nom nom!

I was a little concerned with the fondant roses in the fridge as fondant loves to suck in condensation and moisture. However, not as bad as the stories I had seen and read! Excellent outcome :)




0 comments: