Not your average Cheesecake!

It almost felt like being on MasterChef and the Sunday Night Invention Test!

Was given the last of creating a cake for a farewell in the office this week and there was no brief! I could do anything i wanted!

I knew I wanted to make a cheesecake. And I knew most of the people in the office weren't keen on dense, designed cakes. Lashings of cream and soft centres seemed the way to go. Not to mention that the person whom the cake was originally intended for had just gotten braces so we had to go with something easily digestible!

And so this White Chocolate & Lemon Mousse Cheesecake with Scorched Meringue was born... yes, i know, it's a mouthful. But a yummy one at that.

Have to say it was a little nerve-wracking! It was the cake that I actually made for this office so knew I was going to be on the judging panel (and of course, it was all the more exciting with a couple of other avid bakers in the office!).

In the end, I think we only just had enough to feed the crowds. I honestly didn't know we had so many people in the office until Friday morning tea. Where did they all come from?!?! And very relieved (and happy, of course) that there were positive reviews all around! Yay! Someone even asked where I bought the cake from. Ha-ha... how flattering!!

0 comments: