Southern Comfort

It's been awhile and I must apologise! Times flies when you're juggling too many things.

I've had a few pretty cool requests coming through since arriving home (did you miss me?) and I was even responding to emails during my few weeks in Tokyo. Having the opportunity to stay in the middle of the city (smack bang near the Imperial Palace) really opened my eyes to how small the living conditions were.

My studio apartment had no oven, just a little microwave oven that would probably at best allow you to make a 6-inch cake. The next few months will certainly be a challenge for me!

And so, my first weekend back in Sydney and home, I was tasked with a 50th birthday cake with Southern Comfort as the theme. I'd always been fascinated by the wine barrel cakes and it is on my to-do list as soon as that opportunity comes up!

Anyways, here's a very simple version of a bucket-inspired cake. With real bottles of Southern Comfort and Minties as ice cubes. How I do wish we had the confectionery selections in Tokyo though, then I would definitely have been able to source some clear coloured lollies for ice cubes in the short time (and budget) that I had.


0 comments: