God Bless Zoe

Officially the first cake of 2016: God Bless Zoe! And she was just the c-u-t-e-s-t little girl!

And I have to say that I am so happy that it was a cake for a girl! If you look back at cakes I've done, boy cakes are definitely more often requested than girl cakes. I hope that's not saying something about Australia's population...

Okay, so I really like pink as well and Caz (Zoe's awesome mommy) had great eye for detail in what she wanted - I love it when people know what they want as it definitely makes my job easier. So really, all I had to do was bring it to edible cake life.

As with anything else, the decorating is the most fun. I like the baking bit too (to me, it is therapeutic) and the stuff in between are just steps in the process. Not boring but not necessarily fun either. Constructing the cake... now that's fun and the sense of accomplishment at the end of every cake makes it so worth it. 

My favourite bit here? The pearl cross and the flowers around the cake. Kind of whimsical and beautiful at the same time. Helps bring everything together and I think so much more appropriate than the big gumpaste roses or flowers you see on other Christening cakes. They remind me more of wedding or engagement cakes rather than Christenings and cute things for young ones. 


0 comments: