36 hour macaron marathon

300 perfect macarons resulted. Don't ask me about the failures!

And of course, there's never enough work around so I have this BRILLIANT idea that I would handpaint with gold all of the white macarons. That just added another 4 hours, no big deal.

I always envisioned that packaging and wrapping boxes would be fun. It is, when you have about 10. When you have 150, it's kind of time consuming and tiring (like 5 hours of time consuming). But I was really happy and proud of the final result. They all looked so good and were so delicious. Pistachio (made from real nuts roasted, toasted and ground) and White Chocolate Raspberry Surprise (again, homemade raspberry jam from raspberries).

Would I willingly do this again? Probably not. Unless you're like a really really really really good friend. And you asked nicely. And preferably NOT in the middle of summer. Please, my stress levels are high enough already!



0 comments: