Mumsy & Bubs

I can count the number of times I've been invited to a baby showers with the fingers on my right (or left) hand!

I made some mini cupcakes with baby themed marshmallow fondant and a super cute (almost Disney's Belle-esque) tummy cake for mummy! I personally find it a little weird to 'cut' a tummy cake but at the same time it is so delightfully cute. I mean, it is the mother who bears the child from almost 10 months isn't it? So why can't we also honour her as well as bubba!


A tummy cake is amazingly easy - so long as you have the right pans. Two smaller semi circle spheres and a larger one. I used two silicon chocolate moulds and one of the semi-spheres of the Wilton Sports Ball Cake Pan. Perfect sizing. And here's a tip, if it's not, just use more ganache to reshape so the proportions look okay. The great thing is that there is no right or wrong!
And you can pretty much design the "dress" however you please. I just did some really easy pleats with ribbon of fondant, finished with a little flower.

I've seen buttercream roses, elaborate lace designs, sequins, pearls, etc. I guess this is where it's easy to design the cake to suit the mum-to-be.



0 comments: