Shoes with a Red Sole: The Gina M


Another rainy day (did you know Sydney got hit by a freak hail storm late yesterday afternoon?!). Thank goodness it was a beautiful day up to that point for all the ANZAC day celebrations (of course, I made some ANZAC biccies too) and march. And so, the temperature dropped about 10 degrees today and it was definitely a day to stay indoors for the most part. It was fantastic baking weather! We did take the my two dogs out later on in the evening to the local wharf for a bit of fishing - no luck, no fish were biting today...

I had another challenge recently. What to make for a lady who LOVES shoes?? Why, a cake with a pair of stunning shoes on top and rightfully named "The Gina M"... just like Christian Louboutins. You can't see if but I promise that the soles are red too! And then I sort of just had a lot of space to play with. And I haven't nearly experimented enough to gumpaste flowers so this was a great time to try. And I've always wanted to play with mini flowers and having some falling off the sides of the cake so again, got to try that too! I think it has come well together!

Happy Birthday Gina!

0 comments: