Navy & White Wedding Cupcakes

Oh boy... was it a busy weekend or what?

However I love what I do and at this very moment in time, I would not trade it for anything else. 

And so starting 8 PM Friday night (after a loooong day at the office), it was vanilla butter cupcake time. 120 times!

I'm so thankful to have my mum around. She did all the perfect tying of the ribbons. Luckily, I thought ahead and pre-made the boxes a few days beforehand. When I had a few hours free and was watching TV (I actually never sit down and watch TV so this was strange!).

Again, great thing that I thought ahead and made the cupcake toppers a week in advance. Less stress the night before and also gave them time to dry out so they were stiff enough to just place on the top of the cupcakes.

Batch mixtures are really important. I think that batches keep the 'home made' and 'non commercial' taste in my cakes. I don't just simple double or triple recipe quantities to make more. I make a second or a third (or in this case 5 all up) batch so that each batch is made with the exact amount of love as any other. Trust me, it makes a massive difference to taste and how your cakes turn out. 


I think I managed to take some really awesome shots too... and my absolute favourite of the three was the rose. It also took the most amount of time to make too but ohhh so pretty. I would definitely do this again and again.


Then there was the daisies and butterfly. Plunger cutters put to work. Cute but not as beautiful and elegant as the rose (yes, I am going to compare them all to the rose!). If I was at the wedding, and I didn't get a rose cupcake, I would try and swap with someone else :P


And the bow. I really like this one too. I think it is simple but elegant at the same time. So this would be my second choice!


I had 4 hours of sleep in the wee hours of Saturday morning. And then was up as the sun came up to drop off three deliveries!

0 comments: