One last week of baking for 2012!

When orders flow, they come in droves! Christmas 2012 has been a bit hectic but a lot of fun!

Over the last 5 days, we have created 20 gingerbread trees, 2 macaron trees, over 30 gingerbread men, 100 macarons, 2000 fondant cookies, 4 large fruit cakes, 48 cupcakes and toppings, fillings, decorations to match!!

It's been a long week from day time job to night time job (it's a good thing I LOVE TO BAKE!). A lot of early starts (day time job) and late nights/early mornings! And I can't thank the tireless efforts of my parents enough. Who else was going to help me package over 300 bags of cookies? Deliver them and still be smiling after only a few hours sleep!

These macarons below turned out amazing. So happy with both the colour and the feet. And that jaffa orange filling is awesome, especially with that little kick of Cointreau.




Next came the most time-consuming order of them all. The order for 2000+ cookies, individually gift-packaged into 300 bags. This was a mammoth task that took a few days and great planning to achieve. Again, so happy with the result - we managed to get the colours of Christmas in there!


Follow that (there's no stopping!) with an order for gift boxed cupcakes. These were my favourite to make. Love the flower sitting on the holly leaf. Adds that bit of Christmas touch! And the candy canes (hand made of course) aren't so bad either. However, I am partial to pretty things and I love the flowers.



And to finish it off (okay, there was a lot more in between but I think you get the gist), gingerbread trees as my gift to friends, family and colleagues. These will go down a treat I am sure!


Time for a break though - hope you all have a safe and very Merry Christmas. We'll be back in the New Year with more baking adventures (and finger's crossed, more orders!)

xx

Wynnie

0 comments: